4.12.2007

Miscellaneous Photos

Here are several photos I have been unsure of where to post so I'll put them all together.


These are the grounds of Ben Ezra Synagogue, rebuilt at the site of an earlier synagogue. This is one of many ancient churches and synagogues in the neighborhood of Coptic Cairo. Around this corner and to the left is where Moses as a baby is said to have been found in the reeds.


The strange and wonderful Sinai town of Nuweiba at dusk.


This grocery store near my apartment in Cairo was one of many that redecorated to sell treats in advance of Moulid (Muhammad's birthday).


My parents visited in January. This is my favorite picture from then. We were in the back of a 4 x 4 driving through a bumpy patch in the Black Desert in central Egypt.



Beautiful people wearing beautiful hats helped me to celebrate my birthday. Here are just a few of them.

No comments: